Friday, February 10, 2012

One or Two Languages?

Is the Dutch language
suffering because of
Following a Radio Netherlands Worldwide article about bilingualism in kids I wrote a blog post on Life with a Double Buggy. The conversation and discussion has been popular on Twitter and on the blog - the short version is that the article reported that the Dutch consultatiebureaus advise parents to teach their children open language only - and therefore do not encourage bilingualism in children here. This goes completely against my own experiences - and that of many others.

Want to join in or read more? Pop over to Life with a Double Buggy and let us know about your experiences. For those in other countries, what do you think about teaching your children two or more languages? 


Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this information for my mission.
my webpage >}

dutch podcast said...

Learning to speak Dutch language is a very tricky subject, first we have to learn a lot of words and how to use them .Dutch language is the finest language spoken over the work. Learning dutch language is not much difficult . So to learn dutch lessons we should have a great passion as well as good teacher who can teach us dutch language.